For today’s retailers, customer expectations are being set by a new generation of shoppers. Whether shopping online via a desktop or mobile device, by telephone or in a physical store, customers expect a choice of home delivery, click & collect or purchase in store – any purchase channel coupled to any delivery channel. This is Omni-Channel retailing. Warehouse Management Systems from the major global vendors have lagged behind when it comes to specialist functionality required to optimise eCommerce operations in this Omni-Chanel environment.
Not only have DAI, a Dematic company been immersed in eCommerce from its outset through the delivery of Matflo fulfilment software solutions to the industry’s trailblazers, we are also leaders in omni-channel fulfilment solutions. Handling both store replenishment and eCommerce fulfilment places specialist demands on the WMS. Matflo WMS delivers niche functionality to enable efficient omni-channel fulfilment. This includes:
- Handling of diverse order types with highly different characteristics within a single omni-channel WMS solution – eCommerce and retail store replenishment
- Diversity of handling – cases, retail units, large palletised items etc.
- Dynamic order processing and re-evaluation of the order well at regular intervals to handle continuous order receipt
- Replenishment logic which factors in product historical movement speed and real-time order demand, and continually re-prioritises the task list as these factors change
- Different picking strategies depending on order type
- Full support for automation
- For home delivery and Click & Collect channels, integration with the Matflo CMS (Carrier Management System) to provide dynamic and accurate order prioritisation based on delivery promise, select the optimum parcel carrier and print the required carrier label