Technical Support Shift Lead
We are looking for an experienced and competent Technical Support Shift Lead to join our growing team with the Response Coordination Centre (RCC) at DAI. The RCC is the central function within DAI for effectively addressing and coordinating the speedy resolution of customers’ reported incidents, and is at the heart of the premium service that DAI prides itself upon.
The postholder will oversee daily operations during scheduled shifts, and this will include managing all incoming DAI customer incidents, resolving escalated issues and ensuring the requirements of the shift are met. You will report to management on a weekly basis and hold daily team meetings to ensure that an efficient handover process between shifts takes place. You will be responsible for ensuring key team members are performing on your shift and meet daily targets. Ultimately, you will make sure all aspects of daily operations on your shift run smoothly whilst implementing efficient workflows.
This is an excellent career development move for an experienced Technical Analyst that wants to lead a group of high calibre analysts to meet KPIs and ensure Service Level Agreements are adhered to. You will be given full support to grow and develop your career at DAI and be rewarded well for hard work and commitment to the team. You will be choosing a career with a hugely successful company that is growing year on year and is looking for ‘life-long’ colleagues to grow with it.
DAI is one of the world’s foremost providers of technology solutions to the Warehousing and Logistics industry, with reference sites around the world for many of the world’s largest companies. As we support customers globally, many of whom operate 24 hours per day, the RCC is a shift based environment and hence any successful candidate would be required to work shifts around the clock on a defined rotating shift pattern.
If you are a natural leader committed to high quality service and have experience in our industry, we’d like to meet you!
- Assign and prioritise workload
- Triage issues and prioritise according to customer business impact
- Provide direction and feedback to the team during shifts
- Oversee day to day operations and improve performance
- Train and coach new team members
- Ensure documented processes are followed
- Motivate the team to maintain high performance
- Resolve queries and manage escalations
- Foster and maintain a positive work environment
- Report on team performance on a weekly basis to management
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- A team player with a desire to learn more
- Proven experience as a Shift Leader or in a relevant managerial role
- Leadership skills and ability to make decisions in a speedy but logical fashion
- Ability to work shifts
- Strong problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to take constructive feedback on board and be versatile
- Further/higher education qualifications preferably in an engineering discipline and/or computing
- Familiar with the use of incident management tools
- Demonstrable detailed experience of working in a customer facing role
- Driving license
- A knowledge of ITIL processes, and ideally ITIL certified
- A willingness to visit sites to gain a better understanding of applications
- Competitive salary- based on level of experience and expertise
- Incentive scheme designed to reward individual contribution and performance
- Group Personal Pension scheme with generous Company contributions and made by salary exchange
- Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Private Health scheme (non-contributory for employees)
- Life assurance
- Working at a newly refurbished campus which includes a gym for staff with full showering facilities