Technical Support Engineer
An opportunity has arisen at DAI within our Response Coordination Centre (RCC) for a bright, ambitious and hardworking Technical Support Engineer. The RCC is the central function within DAI for effectively addressing and coordinating the speedy resolution of customers’ reported incidents. It is at the heart of the premium service that DAI prides itself on.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress from an IT service desk environment into a technically challenging and rewarding role. You will be given full support to grow and develop your career at DAI and be rewarded well for hard work and commitment to the team. You will be choosing a career with a hugely successful company that is growing year on year and, who are looking for ‘life-long’ colleagues to grow with it.
We are one of the world’s foremost providers of technology solutions to the Warehousing and Logistics industry, with reference sites around the world for many of the world’s largest companies.
As a Technical Support Analyst you will be working within the RCC team and be responsible for providing essential day-to-day support to customers. The role will involve providing engineering support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts.
You must be comfortable communicating directly with customers both by e-mail and telephone, and also have a strong software engineering or computing background.
The RCC is a shift based environment; hence any successful candidate would be expected to work shifts.
The role will typically require the ability to:
- Ensure incidents are correctly logged and assigned, and accurately updated as the resolution progresses
- Initiate investigations into relevant incidents
- Communicate with the customer to understand the underlying issue and provide timely feedback
- Work proactively with others across DAI to ensure prompt resolution of each incident
- Provide support to colleagues through knowledge sharing and promoting knowledge sharing initiatives
While you will be educated and supported on the job, an inherent aptitude to technical problem solving will be required.
- Competitive salary- based on level of experience and expertise
- Profit related pay (PRP) scheme designed to reward individual contribution and performance
- Group Personal Pension scheme
- Holidays- 24 days plus bank holidays rising to 29 days after 5 years of service
- Private health scheme
- Life assurance
- Working at a newly refurbished campus which includes a gym for staff with full showering facilities
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- A team player with a desire to learn more
- A willing communicator
- Further/higher education qualifications in an engineering discipline and/or computing
- Familiar with the use of incident management tools
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a customer facing role
- Driving license
- A knowledge of ITIL processes, and ideally ITIL certified
- A willingness to visit sites to gain a better understanding of applications