Technical Support Engineer
An opportunity has arisen at DAI within our Response Coordination Centre (RCC) for a bright, ambitious and hardworking Technical Support Engineer. The RCC is the central function within DAI for effectively addressing and coordinating the speedy resolution of customers’ reported incidents, and is at the heart of the premium service that DAI prides itself upon.
This is an exciting opportunity to progress from an IT service desk environment into a technically challenging and rewarding role. You will be given full support to grow and develop your career at DAI and be rewarded well for hard work and commitment to the team and to our customers. You will be choosing a career with a hugely successful company that is growing year on year and is looking for ‘life-long’ colleagues to grow with it.
DAI is one of the world’s foremost providers of technology solutions to the Warehousing and Logistics industry, with reference sites around the world for many of the world’s largest companies. As we support customers globally, many of whom operate 24 hours per day, the RCC is a shift based environment and hence any successful candidate would be required to work shifts around the clock on a defined rotating shift pattern.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be working within the RCC team and be responsible for providing essential day-to-day support to customers. The role will involve providing engineering support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts.
You must be comfortable communicating directly with customers both by email and telephone, and it will be beneficial to also have a strong software engineering or computing background.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Ensure reported incidents are correctly logged and assigned, and accurately updated as the resolution progresses
- Initiate investigations into relevant incidents
- Communicate with the customer to understand the underlying issue(s) and provide timely feedback
- Work proactively with colleagues across DAI to ensure prompt resolution of each incident within agreed SLA timescales.
- Provide support to colleagues through knowledge sharing and promoting knowledge sharing initiatives
- An excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written)
- A team player with a desire for continuous improvement and able to accept constructive feedback in a busy working environment
- Able to adhere to current processes with an open mind
- Able to work shifts including night and weekends with a flexible approach
- Familiarity with the use of incident management and reporting tools
- Demonstrable detailed experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience with working in the Information Technology industry
- A clean driving license
- A knowledge of ITIL processes, and ideally ITIL certified
- While you will be educated and supported on the job, an inherent aptitude to technical problem solving
- A willingness to visit customers’ sites to gain a deeper understanding of applications
- A strong software engineering or computing background
- Further/higher education qualifications preferably in an engineering discipline and/or computing
- Competitive salary – based on the level of demonstrable experience and expertise
- Incentive scheme designed to reward individual contribution and performance
- Group Personal Pension scheme with generous Company contributions and made by salary exchange
- Holidays – 25 days plus bank holidays
- Private Health scheme (non-contributory for employees)
- Life assurance
- Working at a newly refurbished campus which includes a gym for staff with full showering facilities