Systems Software Engineer
Location: Manchester, Basel
As part of our continued growth DAI is currently looking for software engineers with skills in low-level software development. Useful skills include C/C++, Linux, Unix, and the use of modern software development tools.
We want our people to develop and grow successful careers with us, and to this end we offer training programmes and mentoring from day one. Our flexible working environment encourages a good work-life balance. You will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of innovative and challenging projects across different industry sectors. Our software engineers work with a range of technologies, and in customer-facing roles. In doing so, they gain in-depth experience of the technology involved and its deployment in real operational environments.
DAI is a leading software company engineering solutions throughout the Logistics Industry. We attribute our success to the talented and dedicated people we employ who thrive in our professional, dynamic and cooperative environment. Achievement is quickly recognised and rewarded.
Our engineers are flexible, open to new challenges, technically proficient and have a 'can do' attitude. The ability to interact effectively with customers and colleagues is essential, as is being a quick and self-motivated learner. Engineers are given the support they need, and through our flat organisation will work with colleagues at every level of the business.
Away from our desks we value our modern and vibrant culture that brings people together for work and for fun. There are various events throughout the year, and we have many clubs based around sports and interests.
- Competitive salary
- Incentive schemes designed to reward individual contribution and performance
- Group personal pension plan with generous Company contributions
- Holidays - 25 days plus bank holidays Private Health Scheme (non-contributory for employees)
- Opportunity for international travel
- Relocation allowance
- Life assurance
- Working at newly refurbished Manchester campus which includes a gym
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- A team player with a desire to learn more
- You like a challenge and are willing to take responsibility
- C/C++ system-level development
- Linux and Unix
- Experience of real-time environments
- Detailed demonstrable experience as a system software engineer.