We are looking for a candidate to join our very successful Infrastructure Managed Services Team responsible for managing DAI’s customers infrastructure.
For the right person this is a technically challenging but equally hugely rewarding role, helping to maintain the infrastructure necessary to keep some of the UK’s critical IT systems running. You will be expected to form a critical part of a team of hard working technical experts, who are relied upon by our customers to deliver premium and clever solutions.
DAI is a leading company in the delivery of innovative software led solutions across a multitude of different industries, that themselves fall under different regulatory requirements- from nuclear and pharmaceutical industries through to standard eCommerce fulfilment solutions. Within our target markets we are seen as leaders in the UK and increasingly globally.
As an Infrastructure Specialist you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of DAI customers. The role will involve mainly project work but also providing support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts, throughout the lifecycle of DAI customers sites.
Ideally, candidates will have worked in a mixed operating system environment, and will have previously been involved in the full life cycle of infrastructure deployment projects, including architecture sizing through to deployment and ongoing support. They will be comfortable maintaining and supporting virtualisation technologies and will have worked in a geographically dispersed environment that incorporates public and private cloud technologies.
The role will typically require:
- Involvement in the design, tender, procurement and delivery phases of new projects.
- Involvement in the installation/configuration of servers for new customers, and the improvement/enhancement of existing customer deployments.
- The ability to oversee the performance of the server infrastructure across the infrastructure managed services customer base and internally for in-house services.
- The ability to Monitor the performance of the servers, proactively identifying issues/abnormalities that may pose a threat to the customers service.
- The ability to review performance logs, analysing the performance, identifying trends, patterns and detecting irregular behaviour.
- Managing the monitoring solutions-setting up, updating, enhancing, modifying the parameters as the infrastructure and systems are updated and upgraded.
- Ensuring that the servers are backed up, security measures are in place, and that there is an automatic failover in the case of any server downtime.
- Proactively and reactively applying vulnerability patches to managed sites.
- Communicate with the customer to understand the underlying issue and provide timely feedback
- Work proactively with others across DAI to ensure prompt resolution of support issues.
- Provide support to colleagues through knowledge sharing and promoting knowledge sharing initiatives.
While you will be educated and supported on the job, an inherent aptitude to technical problem solving will be required.
The position is office hours based in Stockport and will involve occasional out of hours work and being part of an on call roster.
- Competitive salary- based on level of experience and expertise
- Profit related pay (PRP) scheme- designed to reward individual contribution and performance
- Group Personal Pension scheme
- Holidays- initially 32 day, rising to 37 days (including Bank Holidays)
- Private Health scheme
- Life assurance
- Redhat Enterprise Linux, SuSe Linux Enterprise Server
- Automation tools preferably Ansible
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- A team player with a desire to learn more
- A willing communicator
- Qualified to a good degree level in any technical discipline (or to be able to show that you now possess these skills through extended experience)
- A willingness to travel to visit customer sites
- Windows Server Knowledge
- Good Network skills (Firewalls & Switches)
- A driving licence
- A knowledge of ITIL processes, and ideally ITIL certified
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a customer liaising role